After a Collision

After a Collision

  • If you are involved in or witness an auto accident where medical or police assistance is needed, call 9-1-1.
  • If you pass an auto accident and it does not appear that assistance is needed, or you see involved parties on a wireless phone, or emergency personnel have already arrived, please do not call 9-1-1.

If the collision is minor and you don't need police response:

  • You should exchange insurance information. 
  • You can report collisions online via the Collision Report with Washington State Patrol 
  • If there is over $1,000, you are required by law to report the collision to the Washington State Patrol. 

If you need a copy of your collision report for your insurance:

  • Washington State Patrol is the custodian of all collision reports within the State of Washington. 
  • You can request a copy of any collision report through their website
  • If you were in a collision outside of Seattle City limits, you can contact the local agency where the collision occurred, or you can search the WSP Collision Report Search application.