Frequently Asked Questions

The Frequently Asked Questions below offer guidance that will help make your visit to court much easier.

Contact Us

If you still have questions or need assistance, call (206) 684-5600.

Dial 0 to speak to a representative. Phone lines are staffed Monday - Tuesday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Wednesday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.

A: No. But, you may contact customer service if you have specific questions or need special assistance.

A: You may file the required paperwork to appeal a Seattle Municipal Court case in the third floor Records Department.  There is no cost to appeal a misdemeanor case.

You may appeal contested infraction cases, including for parking infractions. However, you will be charged $230 by King County Superior Court, as well as, an additional $40 designation of clerk's papers fee.

For appeals of cases in King County District Court, you will want to contact them at (206) 205-9200 or check their website at

A: Visit Local Court Rules under "For Attorneys" to see the most current rules.

A: The court provides hearing  information, courtroom calendars and other case information and records through our Seattle Municipal Court Portal.

Using the left-hand menu, choose "Defendant Search" to find your case. When you see your name, click on the row and a list of cases will appear. Click on the case you are looking for and this will take you to the "Case Information" screen. Click on the "Hearings" tab, about midway down the page. A list of held, "H", and active, "A", hearings will appear with the hearing date, time, type and courtroom.

A: If you are not able to attend your hearing for a criminal case, contact your attorney as soon as possible.

For an infraction hearing, contact the court at (206) 684-5600 to find out what options are available.                             

A: If you require an interpreter, please contact your attorney or call the court at (206) 684-5600.

A: If you are charged with a criminal offense and you qualify financially, you will be assigned a public defender. For more information, visit Obtaining a Public Defender.

A: You have the right to represent yourself (called appearing "pro se") in your legal case. It is your decision whether to represent yourself or to retain an attorney. For more information visit Representing Yourself In Court

A: Court staff are not allowed to give legal advice. They can answer questions about forms, rules and procedures. Local and state laws are available online: Seattle Municipal Code and Revised Code of Washington.                              

The King County Law Library also has a number of resources.

Municipal Court

Address: 600 5th Avenue, Seattle, WA, 98104
Mailing Address: PO BOX 34987, Seattle, WA, 98124-4987
Phone: (206) 684-5600

Newsletter Updates


Sign up for the latest updates from Municipal Court

Hours: Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Closed Holidays.
Contact Us: (206) 684-5600 or Customer Service.
En Español